Lucid Absinthe Superieure is definitely the first real wormwood made up of Absinthe to be legalized in the US ever since the ban in 1912 so many people are
desirous to know where to buy Lucid Absinthe.
Lucid was developed by distiller Ted Breaux as well as Viridian Spirits for the US Absinthe market. As opposed to other fake Absinthes, which are designed to be sold in the US, it has real grande wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium) along with other traditional Absinthe herbs. More details can be found at drinklucid.com but here are several details of Lucid Absinthe Superieure:-
– It gets its green color from whole herbs and not synthetic colors.
– It includes wormwood, sweet fennel, green anise as well as other classic Absinthe herbs.
– It was developed by Ted Breaux, a prominent Absinthe distiller, who used his familiarity with traditional Absinthe making techniques to make this historically precise vintage style Absinthe which satisfies US regulations.
– Lucid has a full measure of grande wormwood exactly like pre ban Absinthes. It had been a myth that Absinthe included huge amounts of thujone – tests on vintage bottles showed that they will all pass US laws (10mg/kg or under of thujone).
– Lucid contains 62% alcohol by volume.
– It is distilled in Saumur in France.
– Lucid carries a very unique black bottle with green cat’s eyes motivated by a Montmartre cabaret show “Le Chat Noir” from 1881.
Where to buy Lucid Absinthe
Based on the Lucid website it can be bought across the United States so you should be able to purchase it through your local liquor store. You could look on the drinklucid website for stockists of Lucid by state, online stockists like Shoppers Vineyard and Crown Wine and Spirits, and then for bars and restaurants that serve Lucid. The website also offers a web shop where you could order Lucid apparel.
Lucid isn’t the only Absinthe to have been legalized in the US – a brand called Green Moon and Absinthes from Kubler have also been legalized.
Yet another excellent method of enjoying Absinthe in the USA would be to order Absinthe essences from AbsintheKit.com who offer free worldwide shipping. There exists a handling fee for the very first item but handling and shipping costs nothing for extra products ordered.
The essences from AbsintheKit.com are created from an alcohol base which is distilled with top-quality herbs like wormwood, aniseed and fennel. The essences are very economical, only $3.95 ($4.95 for the Strong 55) per 20ml essence which makes a 750ml bottle of Absinthe. Kits containing 280ml of essence, a measure and bottle labels are also available costing $29 ($39 for Strong 55). These kits generate 14 bottles of Absinthe so they make the perfect buy. Simply mix 20ml of essence with 730ml of Everclear or vodka and you’ve got your own real Green Fairy, as Absinthe is well known.
Essences are a fantastic substitute to hunting for where to buy Lucid Absinthe and are fun to utilize too.